What to expect from Fountain Rez?
Our first year of operating at DigsConnect.com has nearly come to an end. We have quickly become the go-to place for student accommodation in South Africa with over 52 000 rooms and over 25 000 visits to our website each month.
One of the the most common questions we get, usually from matric and grade 11 students, is ‘where should I live if I don’t get into res in my first year at the University of Cape Town or Varsity College Cape Town’.
We were fortunate enough to visit the brand new Fountain Rez, a state of the art private residence in the heart of bustling Rondebosch, just a short walk to UCT upper campus (where most students have their lectures) and an even shorter walk to middle campus – the University of Cape Town law school.
Rondebosch the suburb of Cape Town that is home to Varsity College Cape Town, The University of Cape Town, The University of Cape Town residences and the vibey and ever-buzzing Main Road with its selection of student-centered restaurants, book stores, pubs etc. Name it and you’ll find it in Rondebosch. Student accommodation in Rondebosch runs at a premium, in fact we find that a large portion of students at UCT in off campus accommodation put Rondebosch as one of their top preferences on their DisgConnect.com account.
We visited Fountain Rez (in our hard hats) as they were busy putting the finishing touches on their showroom, and we’ve listed below a number of the real ‘stand out’ features.
Here are some of our favorite things about Fountain Rez:
1. You can literally walk to UCT & Varsity College to go to lectures
2. The rez is joined to the Rondebosch Main shopping center with Pick ‘n Pay, restaurants, a pharmacy, bookstore and FitnessZone gym as the ‘stand out’ tenants.
3. The rooms are all fully furnished and BRAND NEW.
4. Rent includes wifi, electricity, water, security and much more.
5. There is a full time reception/security guard and biometric access to the rooms.
6. The common area on the roof is incredible – panoramic views of UCT and the Cape Town Southern Suburbs.
7. There is an EPIC braai area on the roof.
8. You can share a ‘flat’ in the res with a friend.
Can we just take a second, though, to focus on the fact that you can WALK TO UNIVERSITY? No public transport, no Jammie shuttle, no UBER needed.
Private res’ are the ultimate bridge between boarding school/living at home, and being totally self sufficient in a flat of your own. You’re guaranteed the flexibility of living in an apartment/house, but in a safe and fully inclusive environment where you can make new friends and ease into Cape Town living.
Bring your clothes, hop over to the Pick ‘n Pay to buy some food and you are ready for your first week at UCT.
You can find out more about Fountain Res here: